What is Fair Trade Bloomington?
Fair Trade Bloomington was incorporated in October 2007 with the goal of educating about fair trade and the increasing availability of fair trade products in Bloomington, Indiana. We are a non-profit organization dedicated to providing opportunity for those living in Bloomington and nearby communities to contribute to global economic development and poverty relief through education and promotion of products that adhere to fair trade principles.
Bloomington: the FIRST Fair Trade Town in Indiana?
Fair Trade Bloomington is working to declare Bloomington a Fair Trade Town. Are you serving Fair Trade Coffee at your events? Eating Fair Trade chocolate? Contact us! We would love to know.
What does Fair Trade Bloomington Do?
Fair Trade Bloomington works to educate the community as well as increase the availability of fair trade products. Our current activities include:
- Consumer education through fair trade lectures, presentations, and programs.
- Collaboration with Indiana University students through service-learning activities.
- Partnership with Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE) at Indiana University.
- Increasing fair trade sales efforts of local retailers.
- Bringing new fair trade products to Bloomington through festival sales.
- Supporting Bloomington becoming a Fair Trade Town